Below is a list of items that we can and cannot accept. These items are subject to change with the ebb and flow of donations. If you don't see an item on the list, or have a donation question, please call:
Donation Hotline: 803-936-0090
For Commercial or Business Donations, Click Here
Item , on our and Fill out the ONLINE DONATION FORM. We may be able to pick it up.
Items we love
Appliances - no older than 15 years
- Dishwashers (no older than 5 yrs)
- Range Tops
- Washing Machines
- Range Hoods
- Small appliances (ie: toasters,
- Water heaters
- Air Conditioners
- Chairs* (living room, office, recliner, etc.)
- Tables (dining room, side)
- Coffee/End Tables
- Entertainment Centers
- Filing cabinets
*Upholstered furniture cannot have
any stains, tears, or pet damage.
- Unused Lumber
- Books (no encyclopedias or textbooks)
- Kitchen Cabinets
- Bathroom Cabinets
- Countertops (no Formica or laminate)
We accept both kitchen and bathroom
cabinets in sets or individual pieces.
Lighting (be complete and in working order)
- Hanging Chandeliers
- Floor/Table Lamps
- Lamp shades in good condition
- Track Lighting
- Ceiling Fans
- Game tables
- Hand and Power tools
- Cabinet knobs
- Door knobs/deadbolts
- Electrical Hardware
- Plumbing Hardware
- Boxes of Nails, Screws
Plumbing Supplies (items will not be accepted
with chips, cracks, rust or water damage)
- Tile (no broken pieces)
- Linoleum (new only)
- Carpet (new or gently used,
minimum roomsize, no small
pieces unless carpet tiles)
- Area rugs (new or gently used)
- Double Hung*
- Bay (complete with all sashes)
All windows must be aluminum clad
or vinyl replacement only.
Items we can't accept
- Why? There are many other organizations that accept clothing donations,
and they do such a good job that there is no reason for us to do the same!
- Mattresses/Box Springs/Water Beds
- Why? By law, before we resell a used mattress/box spring in the state of South
Carolina, we must wash it with a special machine. This machine is expensive,
and would drive up our costs, taking away money to go toward building houses.
- Baby Items/ toys
- Anything that doesn't work/needs a replacement part
- Metal blinds
- Paint, Stain, Thinners, or other Hazardous Materials/Chemicals
- Why? These items are not very popular for resale, and some can be hazardous
just to store. Call Richland County Public Works at (803) 929-6000 for information on how to properly dispose of these items.
- Shower Doors
- Unframed mirrors or glass
- Why? Unframed mirrors or glass have very sharp edges, and are a safety
hazard for the staff and volunteers who have to handle them.
- Appliances over 15 years old
- Why? We have to give a warranty on the appliances we sell in our store, and it's hard to give that guarantee on older appliances.
- Microwaves & dishwashers over 8 years old
- Why? See appliance info above.
- Storm windows/single pane windows
- Computers/fax machines/copy machines
- Swingsets or playground equipment
- Unframed glass sliding doors
Click Here for a list of organizations in the area that may be able to take the items we cannot.
Click below for our Free Coupon! New deals are posted Weekly!
Homes Built by ReStore to Date:
All Proceeds from the ReStore go to CSC Habitat for Humanity's Mission of "Eliminating Poverty Housing" in the Midlands!