If you would like to volunteer, please download the volunteer application below or contact ReStore Volunteer Coordinator Laura Jeffcoat at 803.217.3212, or email her at
Thank you for considering volunteering at the ReStore!
Volunteering for the ReStore is of course going to be different than volunteering at a home build. You may not be building a house with nail and hammer but you are providing services that supply the nails and hammers. As a ReStore volunteer you are helping prepare and sell items whose proceeds go towards supplying the necessary tools, equipment and materials needed for building a house.
- Donations Assistant - The donations assistant works in the receiving area accepting donations directly from drop-off donors. The merchandise is then cleaned and taken to the sales floor.
- Mr/Ms Fix-it (repair volunteers) - We're looking for someone to repair or touch up furniture and other items that are slightly damaged.
- Customer Service Volunteers - Assist customers by helping them find items in the store, measure items if necessary, and carry items to their vehicles.
- Merchandising Volunteer - Arrange merchandise displays in creative ways so that they are attractive to shoppers
Do you have a special skill that you think can benefit the ReStore? We are looking for professionals who have skills in fields of:
- Heating and Air
- Interior Decorating
Some positions we are looking for help in immediately are:
- Book Section Volunteer- We have an Art/Book section in the ReStore. We are looking for someone to come and donate their time regularly to maintain the section. We need help sorting donated books, pricing, keeping the section organized, and separating the jewels from the junk. Click here to get a better look at our Books and Art section you be working towards helping out.
- Customer Service Volunteer- We are looking for someone to answer our main store phone on Saturdays at the ReStore. The individual will be a potential customer/ donor's first impression of the store so it would be necessary to answer the phone in a professional manner. The volunteer will focus on helping potential customers/ donors with their needs and directing incoming calls to the appropriate staff members. The volunteer will need some training on how to answer questions concerning store hours, donations, and other inquires about the store.
- Volunteer Cashier- We need someone to operate a cash register a few days a week. Hours can be flexible. This is a position for those who can volunteer regularly. Volunteer must pass a background check. Volunteer must have good customer service skills and positive attitude. Volunteer will be trained on how to operate the register and all other duties that are required.
Books 2 Bricks - Get your school, business, organization or community involved. Book drives are a simple, fun way to support Habitat for Humanity raise the necessary funds in our crusade to "Eliminate Poverty Housing". The Books 2 Bricks campaign allows people of all walks and all ages to participate.
ReStore HeArt - ReStore Heart is a program designed to provide local artists, or HeArtists, with an exhibit to promote their trade. Different mediums from different genres will be displayed in the ReStore, reflecting the diverse nature of our surrounding community. The art work will be available for purchase in our CSC ReStore HeArt Gallery! So Shop or Donate!
Furniture DropSpot - ReStore DropSpot is a predetermined site where individuals can donate items such as furniture, appliances, and households to one central location. The DropSpots will be held at community focal points such as churches, schools, business, and stores. Habitat ReStore will partner with these local organizations in an effort to "Eliminate Poverty Housing" in the surrounding community. Set up on your site today!
Harvest Teams - Teams of volunteers led by trained staff that cosmetically remove usable items that the ReStore can then sell to the general public. Habitat for Humanity Harvesters go after kitchens, bathrooms, furniture, appliances, doors, windows, and sometimes even the entire house! Harvesters are also used for large pickups when extra help is needed.
All groups must be scheduled well in advance with the ReStore Volunteer Coordinator. The ReStore is able to accommodate groups up to 10 people on some occasions.
If this applies to you, please contact the volunteer coordinator, Laura Jeffcoat at 803.217.3212, or email her at
Volunteer Partner Organizations